Adam Alderman

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Visit to Bulmer Primary School for Journey to the Podium

I had a really great time at Bulmer Primary School, in North Essex, on Friday morning, 8th July. Anthony Lysicia, the sculptor who is creating a sculpture based on my Paralympic Powerlifting for the Journey to the Podium programme, was there and took classes throughout the day. Fortunately I had time to stay for one of the classes and was enthralled with the whole process of stone carving.
I did a short introduction for the pupils, explaining how I got into my sport and showed a dvd of me actually lifting. This seemed to go down well but I think Anthony was the star of the show. He was so interesting - talking about the origin and age of the stone, and giving everybody, including me, the chance to 'have a go'. I must say that I think this is something I could get into myself - not for a few years though, just haven't got the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home