Adam Alderman

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Good Friday - NOT










Well, Good Friday may have been a good day for some, but certainly not for me! I was cycling home from visiting my parents on my BMX, going a bit quick to get the heart pumping, and I think I must have touched the kerb. Over the top I went and broke my left wrist. Oh dear! Very bad news for me. The scaphoid bone can be very slow to heal. However, I had a screw put in it a couple of weeks ago and the stitches come out today. I'm still at the gym 3 times a week to keep the righthand side going, plus core stability work. I hope I can start to get under a bar within a few weeks, then training will have to really take off to catch up. ( It would be so much easier if I was a shot putter or a javelin thrower!).
I can still do it, I'm sure.

I had a really good day out last Friday at the Riverside Centre in Chelmsford for the South Final Panathlon. It was great to meet so many youngsters who were all enjoying themselves, many of them so proud to have won medals which I was honoured to present. I hope to see many of them again at the Panathlon Final on 1st July.

Must go now, off to Colchester General for stitches out, then more physio. The young lady physio who is looking after me, Elle, is brilliant. Very cheerful and confident. I'm in good hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home